Released on November 18, 2020
To install this version of Pyrosim on your computer choose an installer below. The "Portable Zip" option of Pyrosim can be run without overwriting the current version installed on your computer.
This release adds new features and bug fixes.
This version of PyroSim is designed for FDS version 6.7.5. It uses version 1.8.0_265 of the OpenJDK Java VM.
Changes since 2020.4.0902:
- Updated FDS to version 6.7.5 and SMV to version 6.7.15.
- Updated bundled JRE from the Oracle v1.8.0_172 to OpenJDK v1.8.0_265.
- Improved display to hide holes in obstructions when disabled.
- Fixed a bug that could cause PyroSim to crash when editing vents.
- Fixed a bug that would prevent editing multiple vents.
- Fixed a bug in the Device dialog that could cause layout issues when changing the value of the Quantity box.
- Fixed a bug that could crush text boxes in the Mesh dialog.
- Added preliminary support for FDS7 &GEOM and &MOVE records.
Changes to Results:
- Added experimental ambient smoke lighting for enhanced realism. Enable in Preferences dialog.
- Added experimental ambient occlusion for enhanced scene shadowing. Enable in Preferences dialog.
- Added motion blur for more cinematic effects. Enable in the View menu.
- Added a Preferences setting for Dimensions to display a specified number of digits displayed after the separator.
- Added an option to open CSV plots and occupant contour sample points by double-clicking from the Navigation panel.
- Added the ability to clear the current selection via the Esc key.
- Improved performance when loading CSV files with thousands of columns (e.g. Pathfinder doors CSV) and improved selection performance in the Navigation View.
- Improved performance when rendering occupants viewed as people in high occupancy models.
- Fixed a bug where portions of the screen might become black with ambient occlusion enabled.
- Fixed a bug where Results might hang when opening Results from a long running simulation with an occupant source.
- Fixed a bug where the entire screen might turn yellow when occupants are selected.
- Fixed a bug where vehicles might disappear or appear translucent when using the compatibility occupant renderer.
- Fixed a bug where Results might crash when trying to use the move tool.
- Fixed a bug where some AMD GPUs were not using hardware shaders to render occupants as people.
- Fixed a bug where the Follow camera for occupants had a high impact on performance