Released on August 10, 2015
To install this version of Pyrosim on your computer choose an installer below.
This version of PyroSim is designed for FDS version 6.2.0 and Smokeview version 6.2.4. It uses version 1.8.0_05 of the JavaVM.
FDS version 6.2.0 uses a different version of the MPI platform for multi-process simulations that conflicts with the MPI support included with previous PyroSim versions. If you are using multiple versions of PyroSim on the same computer, you may need to disable the PyroSim MPI service installed by previous versions of PyroSim. The cluster installer is no longer used and PyroSim must now be installed on each cluster machine.
- FDS 6.2.0 contains a bug that affects obstructions that use control logic. Obstructions are always initially present and influence the solution even when set to be created at a later time. Holes and vents are not affected by the bug and a workaround is to use a hole with inverted logic. More information is available on the FDS-SMV issue tracker: case #2428 and case #2654.
Changes since PyroSim 2015.2.0604:
- Updated FDS to version 6.2.0. It is now possible to use OpenMP threads to speed up single process, multi-process, and cluster simulations.
- Updated Smokeview to version 6.2.4. This version includes a new lighting and shading model contributed by Thunderhead Engineering.
- Added Section Boxes, which can be used to clip geometry from view.
- Added Viewpoints, which can be used to save/restore camera positions.
- Added Views, which can be used to save viewpoints and manage section boxes.
- Added support for DWGs and DXFs created by 2016 versions of Autodesk software (e.g. Revit, AutoCAD).
- Vent center points can now be set to automatically track the center of the vent.
- Vents now always appear on top of other geometry.
- Improved how solid objects are clipped against floor bounds or section boxes so that the clipped portion is filled.
- Fixed a bug that caused the parameters, Sigma D and Gamma D in the particle dialog to save improperly.
- Fixed a bug that could cause species emitted from a surface to be incorrectly ramped up in FDS when multiple species with multiple ramp-up types were specified.
- Fixed a bug that caused a surface’s heat transfer coefficient to be improperly saved on subsequent edits of the surface.
- Fixed a bug that could cause a spray model’s velocity to be omitted from the FDS file.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when copying table cells in the surface dialog.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when trying to install a local license file.
- Fixed a bug where the flow rate preview of a spray model would be calculated incorrectly.
- Fixed a bug where materials with residues would be unnecessarily copied/pasted when the referencing surface is copied/pasted.
- Fixed a bug where copying/pasting a material composition table cell in the layered surface dialog would lead to materials with duplicate names in the FDS file.
- Fixed a bug where objects could be selected when behind other objects.
- Fixed a bug where the 3D/2D view would not reset correctly to meshes.
- Fixed a graphical bug where some holes would not be cut from the display of an obstruction when there are many holes intersecting the obstruction.
- Fixed a bug where trying to edit the extrusion path of multiple-selected slabs would have no effect.
- Fixed a bug resetting the 3D/2D view where it would reset to some hidden objects.
- Fixed a bug that could prevent some slices from being deleted.