Released on December 20, 2013
To install this version of Pyrosim on your computer choose an installer below.
This version adds support for FDS6 and HVAC.
This version of PyroSim is designed for FDS version 6.0.1 and Smokeview version 6.1.5. It uses version 1.6.0_45 of the Java VM.
Major changes since PyroSim 2012:
- PyroSim 2013 adds support for FDS6.
- This version will no longer run FDS version 5 simulations. Models created in prior versions of PyroSim and input files from prior versions of FDS can still be imported. To continue using FDS version 5, please download a legacy version of PyroSim.
- PyroSim’s default reaction has been changed from a propane reaction to a polyurethane reaction.
- Simulation of HVAC elements is now supported.
- Fans must now be modeled using HVAC elements. FDS6 removes support for the porous surface option previously used to model fans and the fan surface type has been removed from PyroSim.
- Support for lumped species has been added. This makes it possible to combine multiple species into a single species.
Changes since PyroSim 2013.1.1126 (Beta):
- Single-machine MPI simulations will no use the UNC path name for the FDS input file. This prevents an error when running on mapped network drives.
- Textures are now saved with the PSM file.
- Updated FDS from version 6.0.0 to 6.0.1.
- Fixed a bug that caused multiple active reactions when loading the first reaction from a library.
- Fixed a bug that prevented PyroSim from detecting FDS version in the Preferences dialog when there were spaces in the executable’s path.
- Added HVAC documentation to the Users Manual and an HVAC example.
- Example documents and sample files are no longer installed along with PyroSim. They are now available on the web (PyroSim Resources).
- Fixed a bug with the heat transfer unit in HVAC.
- Added a warning when loading a legacy model that used the FDS5 SAWTOOTH feature.
- PyroSim will no longer crash when pasting invalid data.
- Removed the Fan surface type.
- Fixed a bug that occurred when importing reactions that include material data.
- Fixed a bug that caused duplicate species records to be created when using a fuel species.
- Removed the generic particle type.