PyroSim 2012.1.0312 (Beta)
Released on March 12, 2012
This is a beta release for PyroSim 2012.
Major changes include an improved CAD import system (now supporting DWG and 2D geometry snapping) and improvements to geometry manipulation tools.
Changes since PyroSim 2011.1.1409 include:
- Replaced PyroSim’s DXF import library with the Teigha library. This change made it possible for PyroSim to import DWG files directly without conversion to DXF. DXF files are still supported. Imported 2D geometry can now be “snapped to” with the geometry tools – making it easier to sketch walls and other geometry without relying on PyroSim to convert 2D geometry to walls. Imported 3D geometry is now represented more efficiently and as solid geometry – an improvement over the previous approach could only collect thin, 3DFACE-based geometry.
- The PyroSim actions used to import CAD and FDS files have been merged into a single action.
- Many improvements to PyroSim’s geometry editing features. Highlights include: snapping to grids, objects, and angle constraints; precise keyboard entry; pushing and pulling for object faces; and surface “painting” tools for obstructions and vents. For a complete description, please read the Drawing in PyroSim chapter of the PyroSim Manual.
- Updated the PyroSim manual and example problems.
- When PyroSim crashes due to an unknown error, a dialog will be displayed that helps users submit a report containing detailed data about the crash. The keyboard combination CTRL+ALT+F6 will now artificially induce PyroSim to crash.
- All PyroSim objects can now be grouped in the tree. Grouping was previously limited to geometry.
- When editing a geometric object, it is now possible to change the object’s group within the editor dialog. Previously, this was only possible using the Change Group action.
- The backup file that is created after a PSM file is successfully opened now uses the user’s “home” folder as a fallback if the PSM file folder is not writable. Previously, it used the system’s temp folder. The crash log file writer now also uses this logic.
- PyroSim’s Help menu now contains links to launch installed and online documentation.
- The texture dialog now has better performance with large numbers of textures and the aspect ratio of textures can now be locked when editing size.