Released on November 15, 2010
PyroSim now includes FDS version 5.5.3 and Smokeview version 5.6.
For more information on FDS 5.5.3, please read the FDS release notes.
- Updated PyroSim to match various input file changes since the last supported version of FDS.
- Added an option to write-protect the current model.
- Added support for STL file import.
- The 64-bit version of Smokeview is now bundled with the 64-bit version of PyroSim and FDS.
- PyroSim will now automatically create a copy of the last successfully opened PSM file. This option can be disabled in the Preferences dialog.
- Added support for INIT records.
- The drop-down box used to select gas-phase quantities is now more concise.
- Fixed a bug that caused PyroSim to crash when the latest NVIDIA driver (v260) is installed and the Threaded Optimization option is set to Auto.
- Fixed a bug that occurred when trying to create a gas-phase device while using English units.
- Added a 64-bit OpenMP executable.
- When importing FDS input files, PyroSim will now correctly read integer values that have been written with a decimal.
- Particle clouds now support periodic injection of particles.
- Reorganized the Preferences dialog into multiple tabs.
- In the Preferences dialog, PyroSim now displays the version of selected FDS executables.
- In the About dialog, PyroSim now displays the supported version of FDS.
- In the Simulation Parameters dialog, the baroclinic torque option is no longer reversed.
- In the Surface dialog, Heat Release Rate was renamed Heat Release Rate per Area.
- Fixed a bug that caused MPI authorization to fail when using a blank password.
- Fixed a bug that caused PyroSim to crash after a mouse drag action in the Tree View.
- Fixed a bug in the EVAC dependency system that suppressed the replacement prompt when deleting in-use records.
- Fixed some usability issues with the table editors.
- Fixed a bug that caused Convert to Blocks to crash when converting objects with zero area.
- When converting solids to blocks, the resulting internal surfaces will match the external surface.
- Changed the PyroSim launcher. VM arguments are now prefixed individually with -J rather than -vmargs.
- Fixed a bug that caused certain rotated geometry to display an incorrect surface mapping in the Properties dialog.
- Convert to blocks, when merging, now takes into account object names and visibility.
- Updated the defaults for particles as per FDS updates. This prevents FDS crashes when using fuel sprays.
- When importing FDS5 input files, RGB values between 0.0 and 1.0 are reinterpreted on the 0-255 scale.
- When PyroSim detects a PSM file was saved with a newer version, it will no longer attempt to open the file.
- When attempting to open a damaged PSM file, users will now be prompted to open an autosave or backup file.