Released on July 25, 2008
PyroSim 2008.1.0725 Release Notes
- A set of sample materials, surfaces, and reactions collected from FDS verification and validation runs. Details about the source of each record are included in the description (FYI). These examples are primarily non-burning materials (e.g. concrete, steel).
- New licensing system with increased performance and reliability and automatic license activation.
- New disable/enable action. Any object can be disabled so that it does not write to the FDS input file unless it is absolutely needed (such as a used surface).
- Added support for custom smoke tracking (See Defining Smoke in section 11.3.4 of FDS5 users manual).
- Updated statistics and added support for newer options including VOLUME MEAN, MASS MEAN, VOLUME INTEGRAL, AREA INTEGRAL, and SURFACE INTEGRAL.
- Added FYI support for extra species, particles, reactions, meshes, sprinkler link models, spray models, heat detector models, and smoke detector models.
- Removed the sawtooth property for obstructions and added smooth (smooth is the inverse of sawtooth).
- New Copy as FDS Records action.
- Added a warning that displays when a smoothed obstruction uses a burn away surface (this is disallowed by FDS).
- Removed the empty zone record that was written for non-open models (this is no longer required by FDS).
- Action names show in the menu for Undo/Redo.
- Reduced background image memory use and eliminated detail loss.
- Improved copy/paste performance.
- Particle duration default changed to 60s.
- Added support for multiple object renaming.
- Various dialog enhancements.
- Added support for choosing the combination logic for multiple activation events/devices.
- Added a Select Referencing Objects action for devices. This allows a user to check what objects in the model are currently using a device.
- Fixed a bug that caused all reactions in the model to write to the FDS file. Now only the active reaction is written.
- Fixed an issue with the timer when running an FDS simulation.
- Fixed incorrect ordering of Plot3d parameters.
- Fixed how [Particle Fuel] mass/unit volume written to FDS Input.
- Fixed bug with hiding sketch grid.
- Fixed shift-clicking in navigation view.
- Removed license reminder for unlimited licenses.
- Fixed a memory leak when duplicating objects.
- Fixed a memory leak when copying/pasting objects.
- The mesh and extra species managers no longer double check to save a modified object when creating a new one.
- Fixed statistics using a solid-phase quantity so they now output a valid location in the FDS file.
- Fixed bug with validation of the layers table in the surface dialog for international versions of PyroSim.
- Fixed a bug pasting FDS obstruction records with the same comment. Before, two copies of the objects would improperly show in the tree, but now just one is shown.
- Fixed various bugs/crashes in the navigation view.
- Fixed a crashing bug that could occur if an in-use quantity-measuring device was deleted and replaced with another. The crash would occur when the FDS file was written or the properties for the object using the old device were opened.
- Site keys (i.e. license keys) from previous version of PyroSim will not function with PyroSim 2008. This is because the new licensing system does not use the old keys.
- Existing users, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to get your updated activation code and license file.
- Some Intel integrated graphics cards cause PyroSim to crash with default settings. Running the software in Safe Mode fixes this problem. Safe mode disables certain - preferences and subsequent runs can be launched in the standard way.
- Some menu items and tool tips show their accelerator key ampersand (e.g. Save &As…)