Released on August 16, 2023
To install this version of Pathfinder on your computer choose an installer below. The "Portable Zip" option of Pathfinder can be run without overwriting the current version installed on your computer.
License Manager Downloads
To install the Thunderhead License Manager on your computer, choose an installer below.
This version of Pathfinder uses version 11.0.16_8 of the OpenJDK Java VM.
Changes since Pathfinder 2023.1.0524:
- Renamed "Attractors" to "Triggers" to reflect broader use cases.
Trigger Templates, which define Triggers that can be dynamically created and destroyed by occupants during the simulation with the new
Destroy TriggerBehavior Actions. These Triggers can optionally be attached to the Occupant to create moving Triggers.
- Added the
Goto Current TriggerBehavior Action to allow for more complex Behaviors when you want to use a Trigger's location.
- Added a Trigger
Rankthat is used to choose a Trigger when an Occupant needs to choose among multiple available.
- Added the ability for higher rank Triggers to interrupt lower rank Trigger Behaviors.
- Added the ability for a Trigger to filter Occupants by tag. This works in conjunction with the existing Profile property to filter Triggers.
- Added the ability for a trigger to ignore an occupant's Trigger susceptibility for easier setup.
- Added more control over when an occupant will use a trigger with a new trigger
- Added Tags to allow more control over individual Occupants during a simulation.
- Added the ability to specify Tags for a Profile or Occupant.
- Added the ability to specify/modify Tags when an Occupant enters/exits a Room/Stair/Ramp or crosses through a Door.
- Added the
Change TagsBehavior Action to specify/modify an Occupant's Tags during a simulation.
- Added the
Goto OccupantBehavior Action which allows Occupants to seek and/or follow other Occupants with specific Tags.
Profile Property Modification
- Added the
Change Profile PropertyBehavior Action to change a single Profile property for an Occupant rather than the entire Profile.
- Added the
Reset Profile PropertyBehavior Action to reset a single Profile property for an Occupant back to the Profile's value.
- Added the ability to script changes to the visibility of Imported Geometry over time for use in Results. Can be used to emulate changes to the geometry over time, such as for showing damage to the environment.
- Added a
Thememenu to the View menu.
- Added a Classic Theme.
- Added a Light Theme.
- Changed the default Theme to Light.
- Updated File Chooser dialogs to use the system's native dialog.
- Fixed a simulation discrepancy that could occur when executing a Pathfinder simulation containing Triggers (Attractors) using the user interface versus using the TestSim utility.
- Fixed a bug that could cause a crash if the user created an Occupant Source with no valid intervals.
- Fixed a bug that could cause a crash when running a simulation that contains both implicit elevators and movement groups.
- Fixed a bug where Trigger usage might be too high when Occupants are seeking, and have different seek/idle Trigger susceptibilities.
- Fixed a bug that could cause a crash when showing a file chooser dialog.
- Fixed a bug that could cause a crash when showing a file chooser dialog if the user has a remote drive mapped, but not accessible.
- Fixed a bug that could cause crushed text fields in some dialogs if monitor scaling is not set to
- Fixed a bug that could cause the 3d View to become skewed when zooming with the Roam tool if monitor scaling is not set to
- Fixed a bug that could cause a crash during simulation if a
Goto Refuge RoomsAction is used when there are no Refuge Rooms in the model.
- Fixed a bug that could cause a crash when moving the mouse over a vertex in the 3D view.
- Fixed a bug that could allow imported CAD material/appearance parameters to have invalid values, which could cause display artifacts.
- Fixed a bug that could cause a failure to find a valid navigation mesh location at the start of a simulation for objects (Triggers, Occupant Targets, etc.) placed on Stairs.
- Fixed a bug that could cause a crash when running a simulation if a Queue Service was not aligned to floor geometry.
Changes to Results:
- Added display of Triggers.
- Added support for scripted changes to the visibility of Imported Geometry over time as set up in Pathfinder.
Output Cell Regionto the View options to change the visibility of output data in gas-phase cells, solid-phase, or both.
- Fixed a bug where 2D Slices, Isosurfaces, and Points created from 3D Slices and Plot3D output and saved in the Visualization file would be missing when the file is re-opened.