Released on December 7, 2022
To install this version of Pathfinder on your computer choose an installer below. The "Portable Zip" option of Pathfinder can be run without overwriting the current version installed on your computer.
This release brings improvements to Navigation, Monte Carlo, and Occupant Sources in Pathfinder, as well as UX and Visual improvements in Results.
This version of Pathfinder uses version 1.8.0_302 of the OpenJDK Java VM.
Changes since Pathfinder 2022.2.0803:
- Added support for middle mouse button panning when using 3D tools.
- Improved the Add Occupant Group tool to allow polygonal regions to be drawn in addition to rectangular regions.
- The Monte Carlo case generator can now change occupant profiles.
- The Monte Carlo case generator now randomizes occupant sources for each variation.
- Fixed a bug in the Monte Carlo utility that led to an ID mismatch in output CSV files.
- Fixed a bug with the Monte Carlo utility that would cause the _run.bat file to fail in cases with a large number of variations.
- Occupant sources can now be "randomized", which changes the distribution of profiles, behaviors, locations, and flowrates for generated occupants.
- Occupant sources can now specify an initial orientation for Occupants.
- Added the ability to specify a schedule of occupant insertion intervals for an occupant source.
- Added the ability to specify random insertion times for an occupant source using the new schedule feature. The insertion times can be based on a Poisson point process or can be scheduled randomly during the interval.
- Added the ability to calculate the initial orientation of occupants generated from an occupant source automatically.
- Added the ability to specify the insertion times and locations of individual occupants for an occupant source.
- Added a total predicted occupant count for selected occupant sources to the property panel.
- Added an occupant source option to emit occupants at max velocity, which is now enabled by default.
- Added support for importing glTF 2.0 (Graphics Language Transmission Format)
- Added the ability to import a glTF file as an occupant avatar.
- Added the ability to import occupants by importing a CSV file containing their locations.
- Added the ability to run all Pathfinder models in a directory from the command line.
- Added an option for wait behavior actions to specify how occupants should wait, such as avoiding other occupants (the existing behavior) or waiting without moving.
- Added a property panel entry that shows the number of occupant targets in selected target groups.
- Fixed a bug where root nodes in the navigation tree could be renamed.
- Fixed a bug that could cause occupants to walk upstairs to enter an elevator rather than entering on their current floor.
- Fixed an occasional crash in the simulator.
- Fixed a bug where some occupant profile properties entered while the English unit system was active would cause the incorrect values to be used in the simulator.
Changes to Results
- Added a display of the selected occupant ID in the information bar when selecting occupants in Results.
- Added the Find Occupant by ID dialog to find occupants in Results.
- Updated the skybox dialog to make live updates to the scene. The skybox toolbar button now opens the dialog instead of showing/hiding the skybox.
- Improved lighting when using image-based lighting and high dynamic range (HDR) skybox images with bright light sources.
- Added a dialog for editing the colorbar for occupant colorings.
- Made the colorbar for the active occupant coloring visible.
- Added new occupant contours for Congestion and Congestion[Maximum].
- Added a new occupant color By Congestion.
- Fixed a bug where background images cannot be shown.