Released on July 25, 2021
To install this version of Pathfinder on your computer choose an installer below. The "Portable Zip" option of Pathfinder can be run without overwriting the current version installed on your computer.
This version of Pathfinder uses version 1.8.0_292 of the OpenJDK Java VM.
Changes since Pathfinder 2021.2.0525:
- Added attractor objects that can temporarily or permanently change an occupant's behavior based on location. Documentation
- Added new ending actions for behaviors including "Remove Occupant", "Wait Until Simulation End", and "Resume Prior Behavior". Documentation
- Allowed ending actions for behaviors to be added at any time - will replace existing ending actions.
- Reduced the number of clicks to create some behavior actions.
- Improved the usability of dialogs where a set of items is specified, including a new search field and the ability to only show selected items. Documentation
- Improved the usability of dialogs where a distribution of items is specified, including a new search field and the ability to only show items with non-zero distributions. Documentation
- Improved simulator threading performance, reducing simulation time 15-25%.
- Added editor support for advanced material features, including normal maps, parallax maps, and PBR materials. Documentation
- Imported texture coordinates on CAD objects are now retained when changing the object's material.
- Added a right-click option to imported CAD objects to remove imported texture coordinates and use default coordinates instead.
- Significantly decreased loading time for models with many complex rooms and doors.
- Adjusted icon spacing in the navigation tree.
- Removed white space padding in CSV output to improve compatibility with 3rd party tools.
- Fixed a bug where occupants could become stuck in double deck elevators.
- Fixed a bug where double deck elevators would close early if occupants finished loading the lower elevator room before the upper room.
- Fixed a bug where occupants might not plan a straight-line path in some models.
- Fixed a bug where occupants might fail to use valid ramps or stairs when component restrictions are enabled.
- Fixed a bug where implicitly deleting a room by overwriting it with another would not remove the room from component restrictions.
- Fixed a bug in the *_summary.json output file where global min/max statistics were listed for each profile/behavior statistic instead of the profile/behavior min/max.
- Fixed a bug that could cause a crash in models with assisted evacuation.
- Fixed a bug where Pathfinder would crash if an attempt was made to delete something from an empty list of scripts in the script editor.
- Fixed a bug that could cause a crash when there was an error with the snapshot's file path.
- Fixed a bug that could caused a crash when running testsim.bat from a command line in international locales.
- Fixed a bug that caused the text in the "Creating Contour" dialog to be cut off.
- Fixed a bug where textures with 16 bits per color-component would show incorrect colors.
- Fixed a bug where occupants referenced a behavior that was not in the model.
- Fixed a bug when specifying an occupant source flowrate or speed profile where the graph might not display correctly.
Changes to Results:
- Added movie export in the MP4 format using either Nvidia's hardware encoder or the OpenH264 software encoder Updated Documentation
- Added 360 movie export via the "Create 360 Movie" menu item Documentation
- Added support for enhanced subpixel morphological antialiasing (SMAA), which in most cases is much faster than the existing multisample anti-aliasing. Documentation
- Added a setting to enable Image Based Lighting, which uses skyboxes to light the scene. Documentation
- Added support for rendering advanced material features.
- Added ability to rename 2D Plots.
- Fixed a movement delay that could occur when changing directions with the keyboard using the roam tool.
- Fixed a bug where Ctrl+S could not be used to save the visualization file when using the roam tool.
- Fixed a bug where built-in circular tour doesn't tune to simulation end time.