Released on December 20, 2017
To install this version of Pathfinder on your computer choose an installer below.
This release adds support for movement groups, parameters to control which occupants will automatically use stairs and elevators, built-in libraries of profiles, and expanded support for FDS results in 3D Results.
This version of Pathfinder uses version 1.8.0_131 of the Java VM.
Changes since Pathfinder 2017.2.0301:
- Occupants can now be added to movement groups, causing them to stay together throughout the simulation.
- Occupants will now use elevators automatically if allowed by their profile. It is no longer necessary to create a behavior to make them use elevators.
- Profile parameters can now be used to control occupants’ ability to use component types, such as stairs and elevators.
- More FDS output, such as smoke and particles, can now be loaded and shown alongside Pathfinder output in the 3D Results – Pathfinder now uses the same results viewer as PyroSim.
- Results now supports Smokeview views and tours.
- Results now supports custom offsets for FDS Results when viewed with Pathfinder results.
- Improved visual quality of shading for scene geometry.
- Greatly improved rendering performance on some mid to high end NVIDIA GeForce graphics cards.
- Pathfinder now includes built-in profile libraries containing movement speed data.
- Time-based scripting control has been added for one-way doors.
- A maximum occupant capacity can now be set for rooms. Occupants can no longer enter when capacity has been reached.
- Added support to disable/enable items in the tree view.
- The summary file now shows occupant name for min and max columns.
- Added support for double-deck elevators.
- The “parked” location for elevators can now be specified to control the time it takes for the elevator to respond to first calls.
- Elevator call distance can now be specified to control the distance at which occupants will trigger an elevator call.
- Occupant positions can now be randomized within one or more rooms by selecting the rooms and using the Randomize Occupant Positions action.
- Added an action to rooms and tree groups to reduce the population of the selected components by randomly selecting occupants.
- Log-normal distributions now use canonical input parameters location (mu) and scale (sigma) – which are the normal mean and normal standard deviation of the log-normal distribution.
- Increased the sizes of several text boxes to conveniently display a wider range of values.
- Localized the value divider used when rendering point values in 2D plots. Example: (2.3 , 4.4) now renders as (2,3 ; 4,5) for locales where the decimal character is a comma.
- Changed the Licensing and Activation dialog to make the Online Activation option easier to use.
- Fixed a bug that caused assisted evacuation helpers to become stuck in elevators.
- Fixed a bug that could prevent refuge rooms from filling when assisted “vehicles” blocked the entrance.
- Fixed a bug that could cause non-deterministic results when using assisted evacuation.
- Fixed a bug where occupants could become stuck on a vertex that joined a closed door to an open door.
- Fixed an error that could break geometry connectivity when using undo/redo.
- Fixed a tolerance bug for vehicle occupants that could cause them to become stuck on stairs.
- Fixed a bug that could cause Pathfinder to crash when auto-saving the backup file if legacy texture data existed in the current model.
- Fixed a bug that prevented textures and points from displaying when using Windows Remote Desktop.
- Fixed a bug where a counterflow occupant could cause occupants moving in the reverse direction to incorrectly avoid the door.
- Fixed a crash that could occur during the wayfinding algorithm.
- Fixed a bug that could cause “not that kind of class” errors when importing DWG and DXF files.
- Fixed a bug that could cause empty selection and crashes when trying to delete the empty selection.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when opening the Add Occupants dialog.
- Fixed a bug in 3D Results that could cause the horizontal floor layout to display floors incorrectly.
- The Run Simulation dialog Occs Total field now reflects occupants that were generated from sources.
- Fixed a bug where pressing CTRL+S while the roam tool was active could cause the camera to drift.
- Fixed a bug where the testsim.bat script was incorrectly loading locale-sensitive curve data from the input files.
- Fixed a bug that could occur when using the Floor Extraction tool with elevators.
- Fixed a bug that prevented large vehicles from using stairs in SFPE mode.
- Fixed a bug that could cause crashes when the model contained zero width doors.
- Fixed a bug that could cause Pathfinder to crash when imported a PSM file with multiple meshes.
- Fixed a bug that could cause Pathfinder to crash when using elevators.
- Fixed a bug that could cause inconsistent ordering of context menu items.
- Fixed a bug in the Edit Profiles dialog where the Name field did not update properly.
- Fixed a bug that could cause Pathfinder to crash when adding a background image.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the color chooser to appear as a blank dialog.