Released on July 11, 2011
This version of Pathfinder adds support for elevators and behavior scripting, runs the updated solver in parallel, and adds a new room-level path planning system to improve local wayfinding.
The users guide and example problems have been updated and can be found on the Pathfinder Resources page.
Thank you very much to our beta testers who helped us create this release.
Changes since Pathfinder 2011.0.0614 (Beta):
- Added a nominal load parameter (and size factor) to the elevator model to give users more control over elevator loading.
- The Add Occupants dialog and the Add Occupant group tool now allow multiple occupant profiles to be added (based on a distribution).
- Fixed a bug that caused disconnected elevator rooms to show up in the 3D Results.
- Fixed a bug that prevented simulation snapshots from loading.
- Fixed a bug that caused occupants to sometimes find a triangle-based path through the mesh, but later fail when attempting to find a string-pulled version of the same path.
- Models with elevators can now use in SFPE mode.
- Fixed a bug that caused elevator calls to fail if the top-priority elevator level was out of service.
- Improved the priority system used when choosing between multiple local doors that give similar time-to-goal estimates. The following factors contribute (in order of importance, least to most): the door is the previous best local door, the door does not require re-entry to the current room, the door is the occupant’s current goal.
- Fixed a bug that encouraged occupants to use re-entrant rooms when the time estimate for their path to the next door is dominated by queue time.
- The pre-simulation test to determine if exits are reachable by all occupants was improved to account for occupants that can use multiple elevators.
- Fixed a bug that could lead to an incorrect door connection after splitting a room.
- Fixed a bug that could occur when editing an elevator’s doors.
- Fixed a tolerance bug that prevented elevators from being properly connected to rooms when the elevator was created.
- Fixed a bug that caused occupants to incorrectly estimate queue times after being pushed back from their current door.
- Pathfinder will no longer crash if an occupant cannot find a path to the next door.