Pathfinder 2011.0.0215 (Beta)
Released on February 15, 2011
This version includes changes that improve local door selection in SFPE mode. Now, occupants estimate queue sizes rather than sample density along proposed local door routes. This queue size estimate is now used in steering mode simulations as well.
If you test out the beta version of Pathfinder, even for just a few minutes, please visit the forum and share your experience or send email to email@example.com to let us know how it went (even if you found no problems).
Changes since Pathfinder 2011.0.0210:
- To compute the locally quickest door, occupants now estimate the size of the door queue – rather than sampling a density field.
- The local door selection tolerance now makes occupants more “stubborn” when time estimates are high and less so when estimates are low – to reflect certainty when estimating that another route may be faster.
- The option to enable hierarchical path planning has been removed. This option caused performance problems in mid- and large-scale simulations.
- When estimating door-to-door path lengths, Pathfinder will now find the shortest path between two edges, rather than between their midpoints. This improves the efficiency of occupant movement.
- Occupants will now turn – rather than walk backwards – when reversing direction.
- In the 3D results, the default clock mode is now seconds-only – rather than hh:mm:ss.
- Occupants will sometimes opt for paths that are too long to avoid long queue times.
- The clock display mode option in the 3D results is initially out of sync with the actual clock display.